EV Charging Station Installation & Repair in Denver, CO
Which Kind of Home Charging Station Is Right for You?
There are two types of EV charger options available: Level 1 and Level 2. Determining which one you will need depends on the make and model of your specific vehicle.
Level 1 charging is a kind of charging that uses a 120-volt, 20-amp circuit. To charge an electric vehicle with a 100-mile battery, it takes around 17 to 25 hours for a full charge. So, with this kind of station in your home, you should expect to only charge one vehicle per day. Essentially, your one station can serve one vehicle.
If you have two or more electric vehicles or just want to charge your vehicle faster, then you will want a Level 2 charging station. A Level 2 charger uses a 208 to 240-volt, 40-amp circuit. To charge an electric vehicle with a 100-mile battery, it will take between four and five hours. Additionally, you can charge three or four vehicles at the same time as a Level 1 charger.
Ready to Get Started With an At-Home EV Charger?
- The installation of Level I or II hardwired charging stations
- Main panel load calculations to identify how much electrical capacity is available
- Charging unit repair
- Charging unit testing
- Code-compliant electric wiring
- Protective tubing
- Permit or inspection support (as required)
What Are The Benefits Of Installing an EV Charger In Denver, CO?
As the world increasingly shifts towards sustainable transportation options, electric vehicles (EVs) have become a popular choice for Denver, CO residents looking to reduce their carbon footprint and save on fuel costs. If you own an EV or are considering making the switch, installing an Electric Vehicle (EV) charger can offer several significant benefits. AAA Service, your trusted home services partner in Denver, is here to highlight why investing in an EV charger for your home is a smart decision:
1. Convenience: Having an EV charger at home provides unmatched convenience. You can charge your EV overnight, ensuring it's ready to hit the road each morning without detours to a public charging station. No more waiting in line or worrying about station availability.
2. Cost Savings: While public charging stations often come with fees, charging your EV at home can be significantly cheaper. You'll benefit from lower electricity rates, especially if you charge during off-peak hours. Over time, these savings can add up.
3. Faster Charging: Home EV chargers are typically faster than standard Level 1 chargers that come with most EVs. Level 2 chargers, commonly used for home installations, can charge your EV much more rapidly, reducing your wait time.
4. Increased Resale Value: Installing an EV charger can enhance your home's resale value. As the demand for EVs continues to rise, having a dedicated charger can make your property more appealing to potential buyers, especially those who own or plan to own an electric vehicle.
5. Environmental Impact: By installing an EV charger, you're promoting sustainability and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Charging your EV with clean, renewable energy sources like solar power further lessens your environmental footprint.
6. Reliability: With a home charger, you can rely on a consistent and reliable source of power for your EV. You won't encounter the occasional downtime or maintenance issues that public charging stations may face.
7. Energy Management: Some home EV chargers offer advanced features like energy management and scheduling. You can program your charger to operate during off-peak hours, taking full advantage of lower electricity rates while avoiding peak demand charges.
8. Emergency Backup: In cases of power outages, certain EV chargers have the capability to function as a backup power source, supplying electricity to your home or specific appliances. This can be invaluable during emergencies or unforeseen blackouts.
9. Rebates and Incentives: Many regions, including Denver, CO, offer incentives and rebates for home EV charger installations. These incentives can significantly offset the initial installation cost.
10. Supporting Infrastructure Growth: By installing an EV charger at your home, you contribute to the expansion of the local EV charging infrastructure. This supports the broader transition towards cleaner transportation options.
At AAA Service, we understand the importance of sustainable choices and are committed to helping Denver, CO residents embrace electric vehicle technology. Our team of skilled electricians can assess your home's electrical capacity, recommend the right EV charger for your needs, and provide professional installation services. Make the switch to EV ownership even more rewarding by installing a home EV charger with AAA Service, your trusted partner in Denver's green energy future. Contact us today to learn more about the many benefits of EV charger installation!
Schedule Your EV Charger Installation
- Outdoor outlet installation and replacement
- Electrical panel replacement or upgrades to prepare for your charging station
- New wiring
- 220-volt outlet and circuit installation
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
You Deserve the Best
It Is Our Mission to Make You Happy
Serving the Denver Metro Area Since 1983
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM