Air Conditioning Installation in Denver, CO
Precision AC Installation of Quality Equipment
Should I Replace My 20 Year Old Air Conditioner?
Yes! Air conditioners typically last for 15 to 20 years, however central air conditioning systems that are more than 10 years old are often less efficient and more expensive to run than newer systems. If your system isn’t old, but it still isn’t cooling your Denver home effectively, it could be because it isn’t the correct size for the size of your home. However, the age and size of your unit are not the only reasons to consider a new AC unit.
When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner
- If your system is constantly malfunctioning and needing repair
- If your AC still requires R-22 Freon refrigerant
- If your unit is no longer able to produce the level of cool air needed for your home
- If your home appears to be accumulating an excessive amount of dust
- If you are wanting a more energy-efficient system with a higher SEER rating
- If your system isn’t turning on
What Type of AC Should I Buy?
Price is only one of many factors to consider when buying a new air conditioner. For example, if you want one system for heat and air conditioning, a heat pump may be the best option. If your home doesn’t have ductwork, a ductless mini-split system may be right for you. Our Denver AC installation experts can help you find an energy-efficient air conditioner to fit your budget and make sure it is installed for reliable performance.
What Should I Look For When Buying a New Air Conditioner?
- Heat load calculation: If you’re thinking of replacing your air conditioning system, be sure you have a heat load calculation performed on your current air conditioning system. The heat load calculation helps you determine how much heating—or in this case—cooling power you need to keep your Denver home comfortable during the summer months.
- Correct Size Unit: Make sure you replace your old system with a new system that’s the right size. If your air conditioner is too small it will often have to run for longer periods of time to achieve the temperature required which can not only lead to an increase in your energy bills but can wear down your system. Conversely, if your AC is too large it will lead to the unit short-cycling which will cause a drop in efficiency and an increase in breakdowns.
- SEER Rating: In addition to the heat load calculation, you’ll need to consider upgrading to a higher efficiency system based on the seasonal energy efficiency ratio or SEER. This ratio is a measure of the energy efficiency of the new air conditioning system and it helps you compare operating costs. For example, a higher air conditioning SEER rating means it’s a more efficient system resulting in lower energy costs to cool your home.
- Additional Components: Other factors to consider include the size, shape, and orientation of your house and its level of insulation. Also, take into account the number and kind of windows in the home and their location.
Will a New AC Unit Save Money?
Before deciding on a new central air conditioning system, have an experienced AAA Service professional help you calculate how much money you can save by upgrading to a higher SEER system.
Our Denver AC replacement technicians can help you find the most efficient and affordable system for your home. They can also show you how you can save on your summer utility bills with a new high-efficiency air conditioning system.
Expert AC Installation Throughout the Denver Metro Area
If you are ready to install air conditioning or upgrade your inefficient or broken AC system, we can help.
We Provide Installation of Equipment That Includes:
Financing Your New AC System
Don’t let the price of a new air conditioner stop you from enjoying the comfort you and your family deserve. Our AC replacement team in Denver, CO offer a wide range of options to fit any budget, and financing options are available for qualified customers. Take advantage of financing with affordable monthly payments that will work with your budget.
You Deserve the Best
It Is Our Mission to Make You Happy
Serving the Denver Metro Area Since 1983
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM