Providing Exceptional Service Since 1983
The Top Signs You Need a Sewer Line Replacement
5 Common Signs It’s Time to Call for a Sewer Replacement
- Age: Like all other elements of your plumbing system and larger home, your sewer line is likely to experience a lot of wear and tear over time. If your home is over 50-years-old, and you have never had your sewer line inspected, you should consider calling for a video pipeline inspection right away. This is particularly true if you have spotted other signs around your property that you may need a replacement, such as…
- Smells: Nasty, sewer-like smells on your property should never be ignored. If there is a noxious smell wafting up from your pipes and drains, or hanging around your yard, call a professional for sewer line assistance as soon as you can.
- Sounds: Is there a persistent gurgling or bubbling sound coming from your pipes? If so, you could be dealing with a sewer line clog. If this only happens periodically, it’s probably a regular drain clog. However, if you have noticed nasty smells along with gurgling, and you’ve heard this sound around your house, you could have a serious problem on your hands, especially if you’re also dealing with—
- Back-Ups: A waste back-up is a major problem and needs to be dealt with immediately. There are a lot of things that can cause back-ups to occur, but sewer line ruptures are one of the most severe. Remember, in addition to the clean-up factor, wastewater can also be a threat to your family’s health, so again, act immediately.
- Trees: One of the most common causes of sewer line ruptures is root intrusion. This occurs when tree roots in your yard grow into your sewer line, attracted to the moisture inside, which acts like a natural fertilizer. Watch out for lush green spots in your yard, as this may be an indicator that a tree root has broken into your sewer line and caused water to bubble up through the ground.