A sunroom can be a beautiful addition to your home. Not only does it provide extra space, but it’s where your family and guests can gather and relax. However, during the summer months, it may be challenging to keep a sunroom cool. Here are some tips!
- Blinds: Installing blinds in your sunroom can make all the difference in the temperature of your sunroom. If your sunroom gets a lot of sun-facing time, keeping your blinds closed during these peak hours can help keep your room cool.
- Thermal Curtains: Thermal curtains can be an alternative to blinds if you prefer. Just like blinds, thermal curtains can keep sunlight out of your sunroom and keep cool air inside.
- Windows: Many sunrooms do not come with windows that open, so when choosing the design of your sunroom, choose to have windows that open installed. This can allow for airflow and a breeze on days when scorching temperatures may not be as bad and you want a natural breeze.
- Ceiling Fans: Installing a ceiling fan can not only make your sunroom more aesthetically pleasing, but it can help cool down hot temperatures for maximum comfort. In the summer run your ceiling fan counterclockwise, so the air blow straight down into your room.
- Central A/C: The best way to keep your sunroom at the most comfortable temperatures is to install a central A/C system. If you already have an existing A/C unit, you can simply expand the HVAC vents for your A/C unit. It’s essential to consult with an expert HVAC tech to ensure that your current HVAC unit is equipped to handle cooling, additional spaces in your home.
Whether you need A/C repair or a new unit, AAA Service can help you keep your home cool this summer. Call or schedule an appointment online with us today to learn more about our HVAC services!