Furnaces can leak carbon monoxide into your home. Carbon monoxide poisoning can negatively impact your health. Fortunately, there are things you can do to prevent it from happening. Keep reading to learn more.
- Have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home.
- Be sure to open the flues when the fireplace is being utilized.
- Generators should never be used inside your house.
- Make sure you are using the right type of fuel in your space heaters.
- You should never use your oven to heat up your home.
- Chimneys should be cleaned once a year by a professional.
- Inspect your appliances for signs of rust and corrosion.
- Wood burning stoves should be up to code.
- Never use a grill inside your house.
- Do not use a paint remover that contains methylene chloride.
Having your furnace professionally maintained on a regular basis can help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Can’t remember the last time you had your furnace serviced? If so, it’s time for a tune-up. Call (303) 622-3449 to request service.