When you host Thanksgiving at your home, it can be pretty hectic. This is especially true if you have a large family. The last thing you want to deal with on Turkey Day is a plumbing disaster. Below are some tips that will help you avoid this fate.
- Do not attempt a DIY plumbing project if you do not know what you are doing. Instead, have your plumbing system serviced before the holiday.
- Another thing you can do prior to Thanksgiving is to test out your garbage disposal. It is important to ensure that your garbage disposal is working properly.
- After a filling meal, you might not be in the mood to wash the dishes. Make sure that leftover cooking oils and fats do not go into the garbage disposal.
- Certain foods can cause a clog within your garbage disposal. To prevent this, do not put poultry skins, celery, fruit and potato peels in the garbage disposal.
- Never flush items such as cotton balls, cotton swabs or wet wipes down the toilet. After all, these items could cause a clog in your toilet.
We hope that these tips allow you to have a great Thanksgiving. At AAA Service, we understand that some plumbing problems can only be addressed by a professional. If you need the assistance of a plumber in the Denver area, trust us to get the job done right. Call (303) 622-3449 to request service.
Web Source: http://www.homecarebuzz.com/how-to-avoid-black-friday-plumbing-disasters/