Does My Water Heater Need to Be Flushed?
Signs you need to flush your water heater include:
- There is no hot water: A layer of sediment makes it more difficult for heat to transfer to your water. Additionally, if your tank has gone long enough without being flushed, it is possible that your heating element has become damaged and is no longer capable of heating your water.
- Your water smells or tastes funky: Funky water odors are a sign that your tank contains bacteria. Your system needs to be flushed and sanitized to take care of the problem.
- Your water heater is making loud noises: Banging, screeching, or rattling sounds are a sign that your system is under a lot of strain caused by sediment buildup.
- Your water is rust-colored: Hard water corrodes the inside of your tank over time, which can result in bits of rust breaking off into your water.
- It has been more than a year since you flushed your water heater: Going too long without flushing your water heater can result in a significant layer of sediment inside of your tank. Have it flushed before your system malfunctions.
- Your hot water isn’t as hot as it should be: If you run out of hot water too quickly, it is possible that there is so much sediment in your storage tank that its capacity for hot water storage has been reduced.
- Your water pressure is too low: If your water pressure is too low, it is possible that enough sediment has built up to clog or restrict your water line.
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, it is important that you schedule a flushing service right away. Having your water heater flushed increases your system’s lifespan and ensures your family has access to a steady supply of hot water.
Additional benefits of flushing your water heater regularly include:
- Reduces the risk of breakdowns and repairs
- Prevents water heater and home damage
- Increases your water heater’s energy efficiency
- Eliminates sediment buildup
- Maximizes your storage tank’s hot water capacity
Call AAA Service Plumbing, Heating & Electric Today!
Here at AAA Service Plumbing, Heating & Electric, our plumbing team has extensive experience servicing all makes and models of water heating equipment (including tankless water heaters). If your system is acting up, you can count on us for a thorough inspection, a comprehensive flushing service, and recommendations for avoiding water heater problems in the future. Turn to our trusted plumbers for all things plumbing and rest assured your home is in good hands.
Call (303) 313-3333 or contact us online to schedule a water heater flushing service. We look forward to serving you!