Providing Exceptional Service Since 1983
How to Keep Your Home Cool on Scorching Days
- Keep Blinds and Curtains Closed: Closing blinds can keep heat from creeping in through windows. Not only can this keep the heat out, but you’ll save on your energy bill as well. Investing in blackout curtains can also make a difference and keep the temperatures cool inside your home.
- Close Doors: If you have rooms in your home that are not used often, keep the doors closed. This will help keep the cold air confined to the areas where you and your family spend the most time.
- Use Your Fans: On the days where it’s not quite hot enough outside to run your A/C but the temperatures inside your home are less than desirable, running your ceiling fan or free standing fan can keep your house cool and comfortable.
- Take Cooking Outdoors: Using your stove and oven can increase the heat inside your home. Summer is the perfect time for outdoor grilling and will keep your home cool!
- Hang Laundry Outdoors: While dryers are convenient and you can get your clothes dry in a snap, it can turn up the temperatures inside your home. Why not go back to basics and hang your laundry outside. Not only will you save money on your electric bill, but it’s also better for the environment too!
- Calibrate Your Thermostat: Sometimes all you need is a thermostat calibration to ensure it’s working correctly and you’re getting your desired temperatures.