Providing Exceptional Service Since 1983
What Are the Pros and Cons of Whole House Humidifiers?
So, to help you determine if the whole house humidifier model is the perfect option for your home, let’s take a look at its pros and cons:
Pros of a Whole House Humidifier
- Less Maintenance – When compared to portable house humidifiers, the whole house models require low maintenance. Since it is attached to your plumbing system, there is no need to add water to the unit every day. The only maintenance it requires is regular cleaning every once in a year.
- Virtually Unnoticeable – Since whole-house humidifiers are installed with the heating system or furnace of your home, they are virtually unnoticeable. In addition, there also do not produce any irritating noise, whereas portable humidifiers are noisy and require a lot of space.
- Convenient – One of the reasons whole-house humidifiers are so popular is that once you set the humidity level, you can forget about it. The hygrometer will measure the humidity level of your home and automatically humidify the air, as your furnace provides heat to your home through the ductwork.
- Humidity Level – As mentioned above, whole-house humidifiers use a hygrometer to measure the humidity level in your home. This means it will only add moisture to the air when needed. Therefore, you can cut down on electricity bills.
- Healthier Air – Whole-house humidifiers have many health benefits. They keep the air you breathe in healthier, no matter which room you are in. In addition, they can also eliminate sinus problems and nosebleeds which is a common occurrence in homes with dry air.
- Comfort – When compared to dry air, humid air feels warm. And this adds a sense of comfort to your home. In addition, the humidified air keeps your thermostat levels low, which can help you save money on your heating bills.
Cons of a Whole House Humidifier
- Expensive – When compared to portable humidifiers, whole-house models are expensive. They come with a higher price sticker but nevertheless are more efficient. In addition, the installation of the whole house humidifiers can also add up to extra expenses, whereas portable humidifiers can be activated anywhere and do not include any installation charges.
- Professional Installation – As mentioned above, portable humidifiers can be used directly out-of-the-box. But when it comes to whole-house models, you will need to hire a professional for the installation. Nevertheless, once the unit has been installed it will require less maintenance and attention comparative to the portable models.
The pros of whole house humidifiers definitely outweigh the cons.