Providing Exceptional Service Since 1983
Safety Tips for Space Heaters
- Space heaters should have certification labels on them. This ensures that they were tested in a laboratory for safety.
- Read the instructions and warning labels prior to using a space heater.
- Do not use a space heater that has a frayed or damaged electrical cord.
- Never leave a space heater running when no one is in the room.
- Turn off the space heater when leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home. They should be tested once a month.
- Change batteries in battery-operated smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Remember that space heaters should only be used temporarily.
- Do not put items or materials within three feet of a space heater.
- Space heaters should not be plugged into an extension cord. Instead, they should be plugged into a wall outlet.
- Unplug space heaters that are not being utilized.
Have you been using a space heater because your furnace is not warming your house up? If so, a furnace repair or replacement could solve the problem. Call (303) 622-3449 to schedule an appointment with one of our furnace experts.