Providing Exceptional Service Since 1983
Ways to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home.
- Be sure to open the flues when the fireplace is being utilized.
- Generators should never be used inside your house.
- Make sure you are using the right type of fuel in your space heaters.
- You should never use your oven to heat up your home.
- Chimneys should be cleaned once a year by a professional.
- Inspect your appliances for signs of rust and corrosion.
- Wood burning stoves should be up to code.
- Never use a grill inside your house.
- Do not use a paint remover that contains methylene chloride.
Having your furnace professionally maintained on a regular basis can help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Can’t remember the last time you had your furnace serviced? If so, it’s time for a tune-up. Call (303) 622-3449 to request service.